Fungistat Powder is an antifungal which aids in the prevention and treatment of Candida (Sour Crop) fungus in finches, parrots, pigeons, and backyard chickens. Fungistat contains Nystatin, which is a proven and safe active ingredient, attacks the fungi at the source and can be given to many different species of birds.
What is Candida in birds?
Candida is an environmental fungus that infects the bird's digestive tract. Often times making their crops smell 'sour', candida is the main reason for 'sour crop' infection in birds. Many factors can lead to Candida as a primary infection such as contaminated water, diet (excessive sugar in food or fatty seeds that go rancid), long periods of treating with antibiotics such as Doxycycline, and a compromised immune system. Some symptoms of Candida, or sour crop, include a compacted or fowl-smelling crop, a crop full of mucus, fluffed feathers, lethargy, loss of appetite, and delayed emptying of the crop.
- An antifungal which aids in prevention and treatment of sour crop fungus
- Contains 400,000 iu of Nystatin, a safe and effective ingredient against candida
- Multi-bird species formula
- Safe for chicks and young birds
- Perfect to use on hookbills/parrots after a long treatment of Psittacosis
- Is easily added to grain, soft food, and can also be cropped dosed in chicks, baby birds, and adult poultry
- Resealable pack keep contents fresh, longer
Pigeons/cage birds - Mix 1 teaspoon (5g) into 2.2 lbs of seed for 5 to 7 consecutive days. For proper mixture and adherence, adding a light oil into the grain before mixing Fungistat is highly recommended.
Hand-reared birds - Mix 1/4 teaspoon (~1g) to 7 oz of soft food daily until symptoms are gone.
Crop dosing chicks & poultry - Mix 1/4 teaspoon (~1g) per 0.7 fl oz (20ml) of water. Shake well and dose 1ml of mixture per 0.22 lb (100g) of body weight twice daily [or ~23ml per 5lbs of body weight].
400,000 iu of Nystatin per gram.
100 g (3.5 oz) powder in resealable pouch.
* Disclaimer: This product is for pet birds only. Not for animals whose meat or eggs are intended for human consumption*
Our Shipping Policy
We strive to ship all items as efficiently and cost-effective as possible. Please review the following:
Customers are highly advised to upgrade order shipping services if they are:
a) ordering medicine or supplements that are needed in a timely manner for sick birds
b) ordering products that'll be taken out of the country for friends or family
c) ordering USPS approved shipping boxes and are planning to ship birds by a certain time
Order Processing Details
- Standard processing time for orders is 1-2 business days
- Orders are processed Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4pm PST. We do not operate or process shipments on weekends, national holidays, and after 4pm PST
- Orders need to be placed by 3pm to get processed on the same day (order size and product availability could delay this, however)
- Orders are processed as they are received
Transit times are not guaranteed, unless postal expedited shipping cost is paid (ie: UPS 2nd Day Air or Next Day Air, etc.)
Merchandise Damaged in Transit & Lost/ Misdelivered Packages
We try our best to package all items the best way possible and also check the accuracy of the order "Ship To" details. However, if you receive any damaged items, or did not receive your package 7 business days after the order left our facility, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (909) 906-6796. Every situation is different, so we'll work as diligently as possible to evaluate and resolve your issue.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely with the use of an SSL Certificate. All information sent during transaction is fully encrypted.