Vetafarm Psittavet Injectable is an intramuscular injection for Ornithisis, Psittacosis, and other Doxycycline sensitive bacterial infections in finches, parrots, pigeons, backyard chickens, and other pet birds. Psittavet Injectable contains 50 mg/mL of Doxycycline and is ideal for chronic infections caused by Chlamydia Psittaci by quickly reaching the source through the bloodstream.
- Helps with the treatment of Ornithosis, Psittacosis, and other infections caused by Chlamydiosis
- Contains 50mg of Doxycycline per mL
- Is quickly absorbed through the bloodstream and reaches the source of infection
- Ideal to use in parrots when infected with psittacosis
- Only requires one injection a week, for 6 weeks
- Is widely used by zoos and national bird sanctuaries
- Developed by avian vets with over 30 years experience
- Made in Australia; Imported
All birds: 0.1mL/100g (3½ oz) bodyweight intramuscularly once weekly for 6 weeks. Use alternate injection sites over treatment period
Dosage example: a 400g (14 oz) parrot would require 0.4mL.
* Disclaimer: This product is for pet birds only. Not for animals whose meat or eggs are intended for human consumption* Please use with caution. If you do not have experience with vaccinating birds, consulting with an avian specialist is advised.
50mg of Doxycycline HCl/mL
10mL (0.3 fl oz) glass vial
Our Shipping Policy
Priority Mail and UPS Ground are NOT guaranteed services and do not guarantee a delivery date.
We strive to ship all items as efficiently and cost-effective as possible. Please review the following:
Order Processing Details
- Standard processing time for orders is 1-2 business days
- Orders are processed Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4pm CST. We do not operate or process shipments on weekends, national holidays, and after 4pm CST
- Orders need to be placed by 3pm to get processed on the same day (order size and product availability could delay this, however)
- Orders are processed as they are received
Merchandise Damaged in Transit & Lost/ Misdelivered Packages
We try our best to package all items the best way possible and also check the accuracy of the order "Ship To" details. However, if you receive any damaged items, or did not receive your package 7 business days after the order left our facility, please email us at email@example.com. Every situation is different, so we'll work as diligently as possible to evaluate and resolve your issue.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely with the use of an SSL Certificate. All information sent during transaction is fully encrypted.