Amphotericin B is one of the only products on the market that can successfully treat and prevent megabacteria infections in finches, canaries, parrots, pigeons, and other pet birds. Amphotericin B also helps treat fungal infections, including aspergillosis and candida. Compares to Megabac-S, which is no longer available on the market.
What is megabacteria in birds?
Megabacteria are microscopic organisms which are up to forty times much larger than regular bacteria, making it extremely insensitive to normal antibiotics. A lot is uncertain about mega bacteria, its transmission, and incubation period. However, avian veterinarians and pathology laboratories may give a definitely diagnosis after necropsy testing.
One of the more common names is "going-light syndrome" since megabacteria typically causes weight loss with bulky soft, dark droppings. Food is poorly digested as the organism infects the birds gastrointestinal tract, and as a result, the birds appetite is usually increased.
- Helps treat and prevent megabacteria in birds
- Also effective against candida and aspergilliosis
- Similar to Megabac-S
- Amphotericin B is one of the only avian products on the market of its kind
- Liquid is easily administered and diluted in the drinking water for flock treatment
- Can also easily be mixed in the feed/soft food
- Made in Holland; imported
- 1 ml per liter (33.8 fl oz) of drinking water or 2 ml per 3.5 oz of feed for 20 consecutive days. Adding apple cider vinegar into the drinking water, which regulated pH levels and acidifies the water, is also recommended.
Oral dosage: 0.01ml per 100g of body weight.
20 ml liquid in glass bottle
Our Shipping Policy
Priority Mail and UPS Ground are NOT guaranteed services and do not guarantee a delivery date.
We strive to ship all items as efficiently and cost-effective as possible. Please review the following:
Order Processing Details
- Standard processing time for orders is 1-2 business days
- Orders are processed Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4pm CST. We do not operate or process shipments on weekends, national holidays, and after 4pm CST
- Orders need to be placed by 3pm to get processed on the same day (order size and product availability could delay this, however)
- Orders are processed as they are received
Merchandise Damaged in Transit & Lost/ Misdelivered Packages
We try our best to package all items the best way possible and also check the accuracy of the order "Ship To" details. However, if you receive any damaged items, or did not receive your package 7 business days after the order left our facility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every situation is different, so we'll work as diligently as possible to evaluate and resolve your issue.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely with the use of an SSL Certificate. All information sent during transaction is fully encrypted.